Thursday, February 5, 2009

New Alela Diane: To Be Still

Wahoo! I'm soo looking forward to the new Alela Diane release (Feb. 17)!! Her new album To Be Still is available for preorder on CD and LP and the first 50 people to purchase get a free bag of tea from Alela how cute. You can also listen to the whole track list HERE and although some of these songs have been out on the web for awhile, there are some great new tracks too. My favorite for the moment is "Tattered Lace" but ask my next week and it will probably be something else. I could listen to her sing forever....

Here's what Alela says about it:
"I wanted to record this collection of songs using arrangements which would represent them in their finest form. These songs requested more instrumental filigree than those on The Pirate's Gospel. It was challenging to delicately yet purposefully incorporate instrumentation into songs that I was so used to singing by myself. I was determined to make it work, because I wanted percussion! I wanted to hear the lonesome bow of the violin! I heard many harmonies in my head, and so I set out to capture them."

Bonus: Alela has the cutest kitty named Brambles!! It has fatty paws just like my kitty too!

2 comments:

Moorea Seal said...

woo! go team Nevada City!

Anonymous said...

That's such a cute kittie!