Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day

So...wasn't quite sure whether or not this film would fit in with my movie tastes but I added it to my Netflix queue anyways...the other day I finally received it and watched it.



Ever since I have been listening to all my jazzy 1940's music and being all romanticy. It was such a FUN film and very touching. Just an all around summer feel good film filled with a bubbly (but not in an annoying way) wanna-be starlet, and the unabashedly handsome Lee Pace (star of the TV show Pushing Daisies and one of my favorite films The Fall). 

The costuming and set was GORGEOUS and the characters very intriguing. Plus if you're into vintage lingerie like I am, you'll love the lingerie fashion show scene. 

1 comment:

Allie said...

I just rented it, my second time seeing it, and yes, it is wonderful. A true tribute to the way films used to be made-- cleverly and pleasing to the eye. Did you know it was originally a book? I want to read it.