Saturday, December 6, 2008

Penguin Book Classics

I'm sure you're all familiar with Penguin Books especially their classics. And maybe, if you've wandered into Urban Outfitters as of late, you've seen that there's quite a large selection of Penguin classics with surprising cover makeovers. Judging by the covers Crime and Punishment or Pride & Prejudice seem like quirky, modern reads. I've even been tempted to by a few that I already own just for the cover art. 


Well...this week I stumbled upon the UK Penguin Blog, which is so super cute and read an interview about one of the artists designing a new set of hardcover classics. To my disappointment they aren't yet offered in the US but hopefully that will change soon. My recommendations? The Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde and Wuthering Heights by Emile Bronte. 

The artist Coralie Bickford-Smith has also designed a series of classic boys adventure books...the best cover? She. 

No comments: